Guys, its April ALREADY! I feel like it was just CNY a couple of days ago and then boom, the year is 1/4 of the way done. Time goes by so fast but so slow sometimes. Not too much has been going on besides work, trying to figure out this crazy San Francisco weather. It has been raining A LOT these past few months, that’s for sure. I know we need the rain but it would be nice to bathe my dog and then not have it rain like two days later. It’s like getting your car washed. lol Also, Giants season is about to start meaning it’s about to get COLD in SF at night time. By cold, I mean like as low as 30s on game nights. It’s like the weather likes to punk the game attendees.
As for my other personal stuff that I referenced in my last post, I remind myself to stay positive. Things could be worse and we have the means to do something about it.
So in the gloominess, I decided to make some Lemon White Chocolate Chip cookies. If life gives you lemons, you bake them! This is one way and a new recipe. It smells so fresh and looks so bright. Nice change from the rain and from the fake sunny weather (its sunny but its FREEZING outside). Enjoy!
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe adopted from Gonna Want Seconds
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1 Egg, Large, at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1-11 Ounce Bag White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Add butter and sugar to mixers until smooth. Add egg, let mix again. Add vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add flour, baking soda, fresh lemon zest and salt to separate bowl. Mix some and then slowly add to wet mixture.
- Careful not overmix. Add white chocolate chips by folding in via spatula.
- You can do whatever size you want. I did about tablespoon size and baked for 12-14min or until golden brown along edges.
*this dough does not need to be chilled before baking which is a huge plus! Enjoy!